Bring new life to paper cutters
Technology moves quickly. The first thing to become obsolete on a paper cutter is the computer. The Microcut® allows you to completely replace your computer to automate jobs, increase productivity and bring new life to an older paper cutter. Our Microcut JR is our most economical unit designed for smaller format cutters.
Microcut JR moves the backgauge into the correct position faster and more accurately than skilled manual operation. The confidence of computer-controlled precision translates into significant productivity increases - often 50% and more.
An easy-to-read liquid crystal display, featuring icons and symbols, guides the operator through all programming operations. Setup is fast and simple, with no complicated codes to memorize or reference.
The system memorizes cutting sequences instantly, stores them indefinitely and recalls them at the touch of a button. The system frees the operator from the wasted time and risk of error associated with repetitive manual positioning. Its ability to automatically program a job while cutting the first lift turns setup time into productive time, making automation effective for even two and three lift jobs.
Keyboard entry and review of programs is quick and easy. Advanced programming options include label and sheet divide, allowing complicated jobs to be programmed with only a few data entries. Fractions, lay changes, additions or deletions can be easily entered through the keyboard. Non-volatile memory ensures data retention.
Many paper cutters already have some form of automatic backgauge control, but may have become difficult and expensive to maintain. These machines are generally sound mechanically and, with the addition of Microcut JR., can quickly and easily be returned to a high level of productivity and reliability for a fraction of the cost of a new machine.
Why choose the Microcut?
Here are five reasons for you to consider the Microcut JR for your paper cutter:
- Reduces your reliance on parts that are no longer available
- Avoids costly replacement parts
- Boosts your paper cutter accuracy
- More intuitive, more options, easier to use
- Extends the life of your paper cutter
The Compatible Brands
Here are the brands that the Microcut JR can be installed. Don’t see your paper cutter brand? Contact Us.
- BAUM CUT
Microcut® JR Features
LCD graphical display
2000 cut locations with 6-character job selection
Limited to paper cutters up to 37” in size
Microcut® Standard Features
- Modular, solid-state circuitry
- Microprocessor-controlled, infinitely variable backgauge drive
- Repeatability of backgauge position to +/-.002 inches (.05 mm)
- Measurements in inches, centimeters, millimeters or sun
- Automatic back-gauge return
- Operator-defined inch or metric display
- Program entry or correction, through the keyboard with the backgauge stationary or while cutting the lift
- Automatic computation and entry of fractions
- Insertion or deletion of commands from existing programs
- Stock eject, turnaround, loading points and job information
- Infinite lay compensate mode for as many sides as requested
- Non-volatile memory—no batteries required for memory support
- Optional auxiliary controls for air table.
- Speed range: 24 - 960 inches per minute, both forward and reverse, depending on size and condition of cutter
- Self-diagnostic electronics
- Electrical: 85 - 265 VAC, 50/60 Hz @ 1 KVA
- Warranted for one year from date of shipment against defects in parts and workmanship