Microcut® PLUS WS
Bring new life to paper cutters
Technology moves quickly. The first thing to become obsolete on a paper cutter is the back gauge computer system. The Microcut® allows you to completely replace your computer to automate jobs, increase productivity and bring new life to an older paper cutter. Our Microcut PLUS WS is our top of the line unit featuring a 12” wide touch screen.
Microcut PLUS WS moves the backgauge into a correct position faster and more accurately than skilled manual operation. The confidence of computer-controlled precision translates into significant increases in productivity - often 50% and more.
A full-color, 12” wide format touch screen display guides the operator, with all operations presented in an intuitive, easy- to- understand format. Setup is fast and simple, with no complicated codes to memorize or reference.
This unit can easily be networked into your existing workflow and can convert .JDF files that contain cut-block information in just a few seconds. Operators no longer have to manually program the cutter thereby increasing productivity and reducing costly programming errors. You can even add a barcode reader to quickly pull up the next job that needs to be cut.
The Microcut system frees the operator from the wasted time and risk of error associated with repetitive data entry. Its ability to automatically program a job while cutting the first lift turns setup time into production time, making automation effective for even two and three lift jobs.
The entry and review of programs is quick and easy. Advanced programming options include label and sheet divide, allowing complicated jobs to be programmed with only a few data entries, with screen graphics further simplifying the process. Fractions, lay changes, additions, or deletions can be easily entered through the keyboard. Non volatile memory ensures data is never lost.
Why choose the Microcut?
Here are six reasons for you to consider the Microcut PLUS WS for your paper cutter:
- Reduces your reliance on parts that are no longer available
- Avoids costly replacement parts if they are available
- Boosts your paper cutters accuracy
- Microcut Plus WS units allow paper cutters to convert .JDF files as it is CIP 3/4 enabled
- Microcut Plus WS units are networkable allowing collection of management information
- Extends the life of your paper cutter
The Compatible Brands
Here are the brands that the Microcut JR can be installed. Don’t see your paper cutter brand? Contact Us.
- SCHNEIDER ENGINEERING
- DEXTER LAWSON
- HARRIS SEYBOLD
- BAUM CUT
The patented technology that powers the Microcut PLUS WS
Powerful proprietary technology, CIP4 conversion, and standard access ports makes the Microcut PLUS WS unique.
Easy Data Access
The Microcut PLUS WS has a network connection and a USB port for data exchange and software updates. It also serves as an inexpensive medium for storing job data.
microcip PIA/GATF InterTech Technology Award winning software allows the importation and conversion of standardized CIP/JDF files into cutting programs.
microfacts, the industry’s first real time automatic data collection system for paper cutters, captures information relative to the job and machine for downloading to a PC.
cutternet® allows one or more cutters to be networked for data exchange or programming.
Microcut® PLUS WS Features
- 12” wide format touch screen display
- Virtually unlimited memory capacity
- USB port for data exchange and software updates
- microcip® software for CIP/JDF capability.
- microfacts® for data collection
- cutternet® for network compatibility
Microcut® Standard Features
- For all size paper cutters
- Graphic interface
- Windows® based operating system
- Modular, solid-state circuitry
- Microprocessor-controlled, infinitely variable backgauge drive
- Repeatability of backgauge position to +/-.002 inches (.05 mm)
- Measurements in inches, centimeters, millimeters or sun
- Automatic back-gauge return
- Automatic computation and entry of fraction
- Program entry or correction, through the keyboard with the backgauge stationary or while cutting the lift
- Insertion or deletion of commands from existing programs
- Stock eject, turnaround, loading points and job information
- Infinite lay compensate mode for as many sides as requested
- Non-volatile memory—no batteries required for memory support
- Optional auxiliary controls for air table.
- Speed range: 24 - 960 inches per minute, both forward and reverse, depending on size and condition of cutter
- Self-diagnostic electronics
- Electrical: 85 - 265 VAC, 50/60 Hz @ 1 KVA
- Warranted for one year from date of shipment against defects in parts and workmanship